Tips On How To Apply For Scholarships In Canada. A study in Canada can be an amazing idea. This is because what you gain studying and after your study program is quite enormous.
Canada, indisputably, is one of the best places to study and work. Some fascinating things to consider about a study program in Canada, is the quality education its institutions offers, a global degree recognition, and the very important factor; job prospect.
The country’s universities boast links to more than 5,000 global collaboration agreements. Combined with Canada’s focus on industry-specific applied research.
Tips On How To Apply For Scholarships In Canada. A study in Canada comes with a price. You can still get some affordable ones though. However, if you desire to study in canada, but having some financial constraints, worry less; You can get a scholarship to go study in Canada.
International students can get scholarship to help finance their studies in Canada, which are non-repayable financial awards. They tend to be granted to students with outstanding academic achievement, although some also recognize volunteer and work experience.
Tips On How To Apply For Scholarships In Canada. You must apply for some scholarships, but others are awarded automatically.
Important notes: Scholarship funding for international students who wish to study in Canada is limited, highly competitive, and primarily available at the postgraduate level.
- Make a plan (Plan ahead)
Basically, if you actually need a scholarship to study in Canada, you must make a thorough plan.
In accordance with Citizenship and Immigration Canada regulations, you must prove you have enough money to meet your financial needs while studying in Canada before beginning your studies. So, if you intend to study in Canada, but can’t really afford it, it is expected of you to start researching scholarships opportunities early enough. Most scholarships are served on merit and early applications.
2. Contact your intending university
Contact the financial aid office of the university you wish to attend to request information about scholarship opportunities for international students and any application guidelines. Although Canadian universities do not typically award scholarships to foreign students, there are a growing number of institutions that offer entrance scholarships.
After applying to the listed tips and it proved abortive, you can do well by applying to any of the following scholarships programmes listed below:
Lists of Government and University Scholarships in Canada:
- The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships: Available to world-class Canadian and international Ph.D. students enrolled at Canadian universities, Vanier CGS award grants of $50,000 annually for three years.
- Concordia University Undergraduate Scholarships: This program offers 193 scholarships to international students pursuing undergraduate degrees in a broad range of subjects and disciplines.
- Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Programme: Funded by Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAIT), this program offers up to $10,000 to international students enrolled at recognized public Canadian institutions as well as affiliated research institutes.
- University of Calgary Graduate Studies Award: This program offers full and partial scholarships up to $40,000 for international students. It’s dedicated to the promotion and support of research, education and publication in all fields of Canadian Studies around the world, this not-for-profit organization offers a series of scholarships and awards in support of Canadian Studies.
- Quebec merit scholarship for foreign students Administered by the Fonds québécois de la recherche sur la nature et les technologies, this Quebec government program offers scholarships for doctoral studies, a postdoctoral fellowship, and short-term research or professional development.
Goodluck in your application.