The University of Birmingham in connection with Kaplan International College London (KICL), is offering The KAPLAN Outstanding Achievement Scholarships in UK for the 2019 academic session.
The university offers one scholarship award of £2,000 for a student, currently studying at KICL, who is applying for entry to an undergraduate program at the university starting September 2019.
About Birmingham Univesity: The University of Birmingham, is a public research university located in Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom. It received its royal charter in 1900 as a successor to Queen’s College, Birmingham (founded in 1825 as the Birmingham School of Medicine and Surgery) and Mason Science College (established in 1875 by Sir Josiah Mason), making it the first English civic or ‘red brick’ university to receive its own royal charter.
Degree Level: The scholarship is open for the undergraduate degree program
Available Courses: The scholarship will be awarded in the field of Arts and Law, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences.
Scholarship Benefits: the university offer one scholarship award of £2,000
Eligible Nationalities: Scholarships are available to students from Overseas (Non-EU).
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full-time undergraduate programme starting September 2019. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham’s UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be studying at KICL.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2019 (the scholarship award cannot be deferred).
Important notes: Students who are already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery or any Engineering and Physical Sciences programmes are not eligible for this scholarship. However, the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences offers a wide variety of scholarships and bursaries for undergraduate students, many of which are open to international applicants.
Application Procedure: Email KICL.Progression@kaplan.com confirming your interest in the scholarship and your interest in helping to promote Kaplan and the University of Birmingham. The deadline for applying is15 June 2019.
KICL will identify the best performing students (from those that apply) and the final decision will be decided jointly between KICL and University of Birmingham.
The full Scholarship will be awarded upon enrolment of the student into their programme in September 2019 and will be deducted from the first-year tuition fees. Only the successful scholarship awardee will be notified of the outcome.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2019