Study in Cyprus admission requirements for international students. Cyprus, is a country in the Eastern Mediterranean. The country is the third largest and third most populous island in the Mediterranean. Cyprus is bordered by south of Turkey, west of Syria and Lebanon, northwest of Israel, north of Egypt, and southeast of Greece.
Why study in Cyprus?
In recent times, international students are finding it interesting to take a study trip to Cyprus. A study here allows students settle down easily. Most Cypriots speak English, and other prominent languages. Cyprus, is one of the countries on the Mediterranean region that enjoys a relatively low crime rate, high standard of living and a thriving education sector. Universities in Cyprus have extremely low and affordable tuition fees.
Top Lists of Universities in Cyprus with their contacts:
- British University of Nicosia– British University of Nicosia is a private university located in Kyrenia, Northern Cyprus. It was founded in 2014.
Phone: +90 392 650 00 00
- Cyprus International University-Cyprus International University is an English language private university in Northern Cyprus. founded in 1997.
Phone no:+90 392 671 1111
- Cyprus Science University-The university was founded in 2013.
Phone no: +90 392 650 0000, +90 392 650 0030
- Cyprus University of Technology- The Cyprus University of Technology was established in 2004.
Phone:+357 25 002500
- Eastern Mediterranean University- The Eastern Mediterranean University, located in Northern Cyprus. The university was established in 1979.
Tel: +90 392 630 11 11
The admission requirements for entry into any undergraduate programme is a recognised High School Leaving Certificate. Study in Cyprus admission requirements for international students. Some programmes may have additional requirements, the applicant must submit a certified copy of Higher Secondary School Certificate or the equivalent, this involves demonstrating that he/she has suitably graduated from secondary school, and must arrange for other significant certified documents, such as:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate
- Higher Secondary Certificate
- Matriculation Examination Certificate
- Upper Secondary
- Secondary School
- High School or Senior High School Leaving Certificate
- General Certificates of Secondary Education (GCSE)
- Secondary Education Certificate
- Senior School Certificate
For Undergraduate Studies
Students must be in possession of secondary school leaving certificate in order to qualify for admission into the bachelor degree programme in Cyprus tertiary education institutions.
- copy of Secondary School Certificate (scanned)
- copy international travel passport (scanned)
- A copy of proof of English Proficiency if any
- Full Transcript for transfer students
- passport-sized photograph (one)
For Master and PhD/Doctorate Studies
Students enrolling into doctorate programme must hold a valid master’s degree for admission into a PhD programme and also an appropriate undergraduate degree for admission into the master degree.
- Copies of diplomas received from a tertiary institution or university (scanned)
- Graduate Program English Language Requirement (optional)
- An official transcript of all university-level courses taken in previous university.
- 6 by 5(cm) passport-sized photographs (two).
- Documentation of scores received for English and academic proficiency exams/tests. (if available)
- Photocopy of the student’s international travel passport.
Application Procedure for Higher Education Institutions in Cyprus
Language Requirements- Study in Cyprus admission requirements for international students. Students are required to have a valid level of knowledge in either English or Greek language or both depending on the language of the academic programme.
- Copy of birth certificate
- Academic transcripts for masters & PhD students
- 6 by 5(cm) passport-sized photographs (two).
- Receipt of tuition payment.
- Greek language knowledge certificate (if any).
- A letter of Acceptance issued by the tertiary education institution.
- Curriculum vitae which must include your name, phone contact details, educational backgrounds, level of professional experience (if any), academic honours, awards and research publications (if any), leisure activities or hobbies, also references should be included.
- Collegeor school leaving certificate.
- Signed letter of recommendation from two or more reputable people.
- Financial stability evidence.
- PhD programme master thesis.
- Medical examination report which includes TB, X-Ray, and Hepatitis B etc. Also international students are required to tender a medical examination certificate or report of fitness to the tertiary education institution of interest.
- A brief not which includes the students’ goals and interests based on research or academic career.
- A research project proposal which will be done during the doctorate/PhD studies.
ACADEMIC INTAKE PERIOD
The academic year in Cyprus, is divided into the Autumn Semester which runs from September to December, and the Spring Semester which lasts from January to April. Other university can have shorter sessions than this (autumn and spring semesters). Study in Cyprus admission requirements for international students. New students can join either in the autumn or the spring semester to study regular or English language preparatory courses.
COST OF STUDYING IN CYPRUS
The costs varies from university and study programs. International students must apply directly to the school to determine the cost of education. Study in Cyprus admission requirements for international students. Programs can range from €3000 up through €10,000 per year of study. Please note, the fee is set by the school, not by the government. For international students, tuition fees differ depending on both the degree type (e.g. Bachelor and Masters). The tuition fee for international bachelor undergraduate students is below 3500Euros per annum except when the course of study is Pharmacy, which the annual cost is about 7000 Euros. The tuition fee of the Masters/PhD postgraduate programs is between 2000 and 2500 Euros which depends on the course of study.
Though public health care is often available to citizens. Some study abroad programs provide for the health care needs of students enrolled in these programs. Otherwise, the student must obtain health care by enrolling in a policy through a local provider.
Living Expenses in Cyprus
Living expenses in Cyprus is signigicantly chep. Although, some cities may attract higher costs. Accomodations are offered to students who indicated interest early enough. Students also have other housing options like renting private accomodation, etc…
The average the cost of living for international students in Cyprus ranges from €300-€650 monthly. Feeding is cheap, transportation also a considerable reason to study in Cyprus.
Students can also visit the official webpage of the listed unmiversities.
List of other Universities in Cyprus
- University of Cyprus
- Cyprus University of Technology Limassol
- Cyprus Science University
- Open University of Cyprus
- European University Cyprus
- Eastern Mediterranean University
- Near East University
- Neapolis University Paphos
- Frederick University
- University of Nicosia
- Girne American University
- European University of Lefke
- Cyprus International University
- University of Kyrenia
- British University of Nicosia
- University of Mediterranean